I love this time of year when the clocks have changed, the days are lighter for longer and the sun is starting to shine. This is when I actually enjoy walking my dog along the coastal paths and having a coffee and snack on the beach. I decided I needed to make some tasty treats and made these amazing moist apple and cinnamon cookies. They are great to have with a coffee after a walk or as a snack at any time of the day. A lovely tasty treat which is gluten and sugar free!
3 Large apples, cored and cut into quarters
1 Cup of flaked almonds
1 Tablespoon of melted coconut oil
6 Pitted dates
1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon of cinnamon
1 Cup of finely shredded coconut
A pinch of salt (this is optional)
3 Large eggs
1. Preheat the oven on 180C, 350F, Gas 4
2. Put apples in the food processor and shred
3. Add the almonds, coconut oil, cinnamon,dates and vanilla extract and pulse
4. Pour the mixture into a bowl, add the salt and eggs, stir together
5. Scoop or spoon onto a baking sheet and flatten down the dough into a cookie shape
6. Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes, turning the tray half way through
Remove and place on a cooling rack….
I hope you enjoy these lovely treats as much as I do, so easy to make takes about 10 minutes preparation time!!