With Easter just around the corner I do feel as though I am missing out slightly this year, this is my first sugar free Easter, no lovely chocolate egg for me…
This got me thinking, if I could choose any egg that I wanted what would it be? Easily pleased I would just choose a packet of revels, I love the assortment of yummy chocolates and the surprise element of not knowing what you are getting!! So just because I’m sugar free why should I miss out. So I made my own variation of sugar free revels to enjoy over Easter.
I decided that my centres will consist of:
Sugar free peanut butter, raisins, chopped nuts and orange segments
I also used sugar free dark chocolate for this recipe.
I’m really looking forward to tasting these and loving the suprise element.
Method for melting chocolate
- Put half of the chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl that fits snugly over a pot of barely simmering water.
- Stir until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Remove from the heat (making sure the water doesn’t come into contact with the chocolate).
- Spoon your chocolate into the molds ensuring that the bottom and sides are all covered but leaving enough space for your filling and the chocolate coating on the top.
- Place in the refrigerator to set.
Whilst the chocolate is setting get the other ingredients ready, chop your raisins into small pieces and place in a bowl, chop your orange segments and place in a separate bowl, crush your nuts and make your peanut butter filling.
Recipe for peanut butter
1/2 tsp all natural no sugar added Peanut Butter
1/2 tsp of coconut oil
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp rice syrup
- In a pan over a low heat melt the peanut butter and coconut oil together until completely combined.
- Stir in vanilla extract and rice syrup.
- Taste and adjust if needed.
This was enough to fill the centre of three chocolates.
Remove chocolate molds from the refrigerator and start placing the centres in each one.
Melt the rest of your chocolate and cover over your delicious centres and place in the refrigerator to set….
Enjoy these delicious treats and a very Happy Easter to you all!!!